Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Island of Lost Puzzles

Post Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:58 pm 

Don't think there's a good enough outlet for this puzzle, but "it was a blast" to make (in following with the puzzle's theme)!

--Andrew

Attachments:
double entendre.puz [2.45 KiB]
Downloaded 363 times

Post Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:48 am 

Thank you for sharing the puzzle, Andrew. I'm probably not the audience for this puzzle, though... Also the entries themselves felt like they were stretched a bit far, except for 25A they all felt a bit, well, dubious as "in-the-language" phrases. I'm sure others will disagree though.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:45 pm 

I'm not the audience for this either, since while I found the entries a little too straightforward, I hadn't noticed the theme I was getting into, a show I don't watch, so don't understand the theme answers. (I think he's right that they're mostly not ordinary phrases.) And again, while the cluing is a little too plain in spots, I actually didn't finish the south center with its TV references (and "bean," which is a not familiar to me, so maybe just the old standby joke "Polish capital").

But I thought I'd post anyhow to mention a couple of things. TROW isn't in either MW11 or RHUD, Igor is the name in the first Frankenstein movie (and I didn't know about the sequels, so crossed with a sports figure that threw me), and EKG is a mistake: that's a cardiac and not a brain scan.

Board index » Island of Lost Puzzles