Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Island of Lost Puzzles

Post Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:16 am 

While this not professional quality, and despite some clues needing more polishing which I just don't have time to do at the moment, I still think this is a fun puzzle. It's part of a set of interrelated puzzles I'll be posting at Daily Kos today. 12 of the answers in the grid, if read in the correct order, provide clues to the answers to the other puzzles. (Three of those answers can be found in the top line.)

This is my first time posting here, so I hope I manage to do this right...
Attachment:
2010-02-07 Colleagues.puz [1.63 KiB]
Downloaded 276 times

Post Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:38 am 

Small complaint: I don't like the use of a period (".") at the end of every clue. For some reason, it is quite distracting to me, and perhaps a tad misleading. I think that only a clues that is a complete sentence should end with a period.

The puzzle was fun to solve, once I caught onto your cluing style.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:09 pm 

tberla wrote:
Small complaint: I don't like the use of a period (".") at the end of every clue. For some reason, it is quite distracting to me, and perhaps a tad misleading. I think that only a clues that is a complete sentence should end with a period.

Thanks! I hadn't really thought about it, had just been putting periods at the ends of clues sort of automatically.

You're right, periods really don't belong at the end of clues which are only phrases. In the future, I'll leave them off.

By the way, something I meant to do Sunday but forgot is post a link to the Daily Kos diary which includes this crossword as well as several other puzzles. Part of the challenge with this crossword is identifying the 12 answers which, read in a proper order, give three new answers which are clues to (and clued by) the solutions to the other puzzles.

Board index » Island of Lost Puzzles