On June 13, Diary of a Crossword Fiend will turn 16 and we’re throwing a party in the form of a crossword contest!
We’re looking for puzzle submissions from unpublished constructors (i.e., they’ve never been paid for a puzzle). The winner will receive a $150 prize and their puzzle will be shared here on the site for all to solve and enjoy.
Please note that the submission window is now closed.
Here are the rules:
- Deadline is Sunday, June 13, with the winner to be announced on this site by the end of the month.
- We will “lightly edit” the winning puzzle, but will review any changes with the constructor before the puzzle appears on this site.
- The winning constructor will retain copyright of their puzzle, and constructors are free to submit non-winning puzzles elsewhere.
What we’re looking for:
- Themed puzzles with a theme related to this blog, its anniversary, solving crosswords or the crossword community.
- Puzzles can be any size, preferably smaller than 21×21 (we’re not looking for the amount of work involved in larger puzzles).
- Puzzles should feature some type of symmetry (rotational, diagonal, mirror, etc.) unless there is a good reason to avoid this.
- Clean fill should be prioritized over theme density or Scrabbliness.
- Entries and clues that embrace and celebrate the diversity that reflects this blog’s community are a big plus.
Good luck to all aspiring constructors and thanks for helping us celebrate our sweet 16!