Due to a general lack of news (aside from a couple items Amy’s already covered) and a major deadline, the “Week in Crosswords” feature is taking the week off. Special “year in review” edition next week!
- Conrad on WSJ Contest — Friday, May 26, 2023
- Eric H on Monday, May 29, 2023
- JohnH on Monday, May 29, 2023
- PJ on Monday, May 29, 2023
- Lester on Monday, May 29, 2023
Here is a tidbit for this week.
The December 30 issue of “Parade” magazine includes a list of “13 Things to Look Forward To in 2013.” Entry #10 reads:
“THE CROSSWORD PUZZLE TURNS 100. Arthur Wynne created the first crossword, which ran in the New York World on Dec. 21, 1913. To celebrate, we plan to raise a glass full of a four-letter word for a vineyard beverage.”